Thursday, December 27, 2012

Adventures in Korea - learning to subway!

Yes, I know subway isn't a verb, but I am making it one lol. Anywho, I had a nice outing with Marti, who was kind enough to show me around the basics of using the subway. I didn't actually go anywhere, but at least I now know how to get into and out of the subway as well as some of the basics on how to get where I want to go.
We also took a turn through the many many many floors of D-Cube department store. I checked out one of the basement floors which is a food court in heaven. I found some places with macaroons. Oh my...this could be really bad for the diet. I also picked up a super cute headband and a couple stones (don't ask...they were just pretty).
Separate from my outing with Marti, I did my first dirty clothes wash today using this so called drying washer. It really doesn't dry. The clothes aren't dripping wet though, just need a little air drying, so hopefully it won't take too long. I would rather not having laundry hanging when Kendra gets here. Worst part is that I washed black pants and shirt with 3 white wash cloths. Now I know it generally isn't a good idea to wash clothes with towels and whatnot, but I have never had issues with it before. So, now I have a pair of pants and a shirt full of white specks. Ick. At least it's only two items, I can see the positive here since it could have been a whole wash load of clothes ruined, but it still kinda annoys me.
Well, tomorrow is my trip back to the airport to meet/pickup Kendra. I will be going early so I can look around at some of the stuff that is in that massive airport. Then more adventures to proceed from there.
So, here are some pictures from D-Cube (nothing too fancy): fish from the cute little water display in the floor and a pretty Christmas scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment